Dear Desert Sky Families,
I am writing to inform you of a gas leak that occurred at school today at approximately 1:00 p.m., resulting in the school being evacuated for approximately 35 minutes.
A contractor was working on installing a new ramp to the fire lane for better wheelchair access on the South side of the school and accidentally hit a gas line.
The Tucson Fire Department immediately responded, followed by Southwest Gas shortly thereafter. The gas was shut off, and once it was determined that the campus was safe, students returned to classes at 1:35 p.m.
Kudos to Desert Sky staff and students for their patience and calmness as we worked through this situation.
All extra curricular activities will proceed as normal today.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.